Saturday, December 1, 2012

Week 36...... 4 to go!!!

End of week 36.......


Well this week started off with a BANG! We went to the Doctor Monday afternoon for our 36 week ultrasound and to see how everything was progressing. We went for the ultrasound and i knew he was gonna be big because i ca just FEEL the difference the last few weeks, like my center just felt SO HEAVY... i was thinking.... EHHHHH 6 pounds maybe? Well after she did all her measurements so said ok he's about 7 pounds 8 ounces.......... WHAT!!!!!!! with 4 weeks left to go????? according to all the baby stuff I've read they gan about a 1/2 pound a week.... so thats 2 more pounds...... that like an almost 10  pound kid!!!! UMMMMMMM i dunno who this kid thinks he is coming put of... but there is NO coming back from 10 pounds.....

Now i know many of you are thinking don't believe what they say, there is no way to prove how much he really weighs..... BUT my other 2 friends who also go to my doctor had them be spot on with their kiddos weight both times..... so there record seems to be pretty good. Also, my doctor is very much into letting things happen naturally the first time....... but after hearing the weight and seeing the ultrasound she brought up inducing at 39 weeks. She said i may go into labor naturally before then anyways..... but she said lets wait and see how you are progressing and we will make a decision at your 38 week appt. She then pointed out that the baby isn't weighing that much because he's long... its because he is a little FATTY! She showed us his big layer of fat around his belly on the ultrasound..... malnourished, this kid is NOT! 

She said we needed to go ahead and gets bags packed, just in case, and preregister at the hospital. 

Since we are so far along we didn't go to Dallas for Thanksgiving, instead my Mom, Dad, and little brother Aaron came to Houston to spend Thanksgiving with Ryan and I and Ryan's side of the family.
It was so great to be able to spend time with both sides of our family and to see how well they all get along! 

While they were here my parents helped out around the house with my dad helping Ryan hang cabinets in the garage and my mom helped me decorate for christmas and rearrange the kitchen for all the baby stuff! 

Things are coming together!!! Now we just need Ethan to come and hang out with us!

P.S. I am getting my CD of our Maternity pics in the next 2 weeks! But here is another one of my FAVORITES!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment