Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 34....... OMG I'm having this kid in 30-35 days.... approximately... EKK!!

The end of week 34.... WOW.....

I really cant believe that tomorrow we are starting week #35..... where did the time go!!! 


This week I was lucky enough to sub in for our Admin team as they attended a conference!!! So it was just me and the counselors... and the day did not disappoint! I feel so blessed that my admin team has faith in me that I can handle the position and hold down the fort in their absence! I have subbed in a couple of times for them, and each time I do it makes me more and more excited for the career that I have to come!!! Now when it will come... we will see... but I know that this was what I was suppose dto do and I know that when the time is right and the school is right it will happen!!!

Anyways, the day was definitely busy and I did SO MANY THINGS, just none of them were on my to-do list! HAHA!! As a teacher, it's easy to forget all the demands that are placed on the administration team on a daily basis, and I feel that still being a teacher and occasionally experiencing "the other side" help me play devils advocate and open the minds of people who sometimes don't really understand what admin does all day and thinks that it is easy...

I have also taken on another business, because I'm not buys enough right???  HEHE! I decided to become a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant! I have been using their skincare line for years and LOVE IT!!!! I hardly ever break out, and if i do its directly stress related. Therefore, it made sense that I   go ahead and support and work for a company that I believe so strongly in their values and products!  I placed my first order for clients last week and I am waiting for it to come in!! If you need a Mary Kay Consultant, or just wanna try it out, let me know!! You can check out the products on my website!! www.MaryKay.com/RebeccaDietz

If you are interested in possible sets or Christmas gifts let me know and I can create a special package for you so you can save some $$$$ :) I personally LOVE the Satin Hands Set, The TimeWise Collection and the LipGlosses!!!





Swelling update : I ordered some compression stockings and they came in Tuesday. I wore them to work Wednesday - Friday and NO SWELLING! Praise Jesus!!! Also, i didn't wear them at all this weekend, and STILL no swelling!!! I will definitely keep wearing them to work because its great to see my ankle bone again!!! 

However, another symptom has crept up on me.... one that I brushed off in my reading and paid NO ATTENTION to because i thought it was silly.... well.... its not..... its sucks! My new found "friend" is called pregnancy carpal tunnel syndrome....... yes, I am serious. I began noticing about 2 weeks ago that my hands were sore in the mornings... I figured i was just doing something weird in my sleep, or had a weird dream and didn't think anything of it. Then this past week, the pain in my left hand would WAKE ME UP at night.. and then when it was time to get up, i could barely bend or move my hand.... fabulous. After the shower and shaking the hand, it does loosen up after about 30 minutes, but throughout the day it feels sore, like i strained all my finger joints.... SO WEIRD! 

According to www.WhatToExpect.com, 

What is hand pain during pregnancy

Numbness, a "pins-and-needles" tingling sensation, or aching in the hands and wrists, especially noticeable at night. Your doctor may have also diagnosed you with carpal tunnel syndrome, which is characterized by pain, numbness, and tingling in your hands, fingers, and wrists.

What causes carpal tunnel during pregnancy

Pregnancy swelling puts pressure on a key nerve in the wrists and causes the same aching and tingling symptoms most often associated with ergonomic strain and repetitive motion. (Of course, if you're pregnant and having ergonomic strain or doing repetitive motion, you're twice as likely to experience it.)

What you need to know about hand pain or carpal tunnel during pregnancy

If you're feeling this pregnancy symptom more at night, it's because the fluids that accumulate in the lower part of your body during the day are redistributed elsewhere, including your hands, when you lie down. (Kind of reverse gravity.) Luckily, though, this symptom should disappear after delivery as your swelling diminishes.

So there is hope that it will go away... eventually.... but still, my little nighttime friend is QUICKLY wearing out his welcome!!!

November 19th is our next appointment to see how Ethan is growing, his position, and see if we are still on pace for our due date! For those of you who have been reading from the beginning, remember the ORIGINAL due date was December 10... and then it was pushed back a week to the 17th. However, each time they measure him, he has been measuring 2 week larger in size... so we will see!!!

I cannot believe that we start week 35 tomorrow!!! In 5 weeks, 35 days, we will finally meet our little man and become a family of 3 :) :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment