Sunday, October 21, 2012

31 weeks preggo... and Beer Olympic Champs!!! haha

End of our 31 weeks!!!

My My what a difference 20 weeks makes!!!


This week we went to an Infant Care class on Monday. It was very informative about what will happen once the baby is delivered and how/why the hospital does what it does to newborns. They also went over basic infant care and issues that babies have the first couple of weeks so we are prepared and I don't freak :) Although i could have done without the image of the little straight jacket they put little boys in to circumcise them...... how sad :(

Tuesday i had my Doctors appt to make sure everything was going okay :) Ethan's heartbeat was strong and all my labs and Glucose test came back good!!! My weight.... ehhhhhh not good and not bad..... just a little higher than she would like for it to be. Now im not saying im huge..... but i am currently at the weight that she was hoping  would be close to when i delivered..... not this soon. So im just going to start paying a little more attention to my diet and my sodium intake. But, besides that, everything is going well! Ethan even gave her a huge kick to say hello why she was monitoring his heartbeat! Crazy kid!

My belly is starting to get even bigger! This week i had two kids in the hallway RUN INTO IT! well, they weren't running... but you get the idea! I feel so blessed to have the privilege to work with such a loving and caring group of people and i am SUPER excited about the shower they are throwing us this week!!! 

Friday.... was an experience........ So Fridays as a teacher are probably a preggos FAVORITE day because we can wear jeans and tennis shoes!! So I am normally my most comfy on those days! Well on Friday I was teaching class and i felt like around my ankle was bruised..... so i lifted my pant leg and saw this.....

No, do not adjust your screen and No, this is not a 500 pound persons foot.... that was MY FOOT.. and I freaked! I emailed the picture to our school nurse who immediately had me come down and check my blood pressure - Perfect- THANK GOD!!! But she did give me very strict instructions about swelling and how my blood pressure was good now, but i needed to be careful because obviously that is a huge amount of swelling... and i DO NOT want to be put on bed rest!!! She also wanted me to call my doctor and prop my feet up the rest of the day. So i called my doctor and talked to the nurse to make them aware. SJe asked me about any of the preeclamsia symptoms and i didn't have any, so thats good, but she told me to limit my sodium intake and stay of my feet as much as possible when not at school. So when i got home Ryan made me stay in bed and made me breakfast in bed :) He is awesome!

The next day we had our friend Bryan's birthday party, which was a theme party, Beer Olympics! Now, obviously i cant partake in the drinking aspect, Ryan took care of my share, but that didnt mean i couldn't compete!! We had 4 games - Washers, Beer Pong, Darts, and Hockey ( a card game). Well Ryan and I got 2nd place in Washers, 1st place in Beer Pong, 3rd place in Darts and 3rd Place in Hockey... after the points were tabulated.. WE WON!!!!!! Ethan would be so proud!!!

Getting ready to DOMINATE!

Beer Pong Champs!

Dirty Dietz is the WINNER!!!!

Team Pics!


The next morning we attended our friends Taryn and Patricks daughter Kamryn's baptism. She was so cute!!! Then we went over to their house for a luncheon and cake! Yum!! We left at half time of the Texans game and came home to take a quick power nap, well i did, Ryan finished watching the game! Then it was time to get ready for our maternity pics!!! We took then out on some land in Alvin and I cannot WAIT to see them!!! I think they are going to be super cute!!!

PHEW! what a busy weekend we had!!! 57 days left until Ethan's due date and we still have so much to do!!! But i guess it will all eventually fall into place! I cannot believe that we will be meeting out little man soon!! I am overwhelmed with excitement already!!






No comments:

Post a Comment